Updated 27 August 2020
We are very much looking forward to September when we can welcome all children back to school.
Please see the latest update information for parents/carers.
July 2020 update
What will re-opening in September look like?
Over the course of the last week, we have carried out a new risk assessment based on the guidance released by the government, ahead of the planned re-opening of the academy to all children in September. This risk assessment has now been approved in principle by our Board of Trustees, however it is subject to a further audit in August. This second step is necessary to ensure we take into account any changes to our circumstances, new or updated government guidance or any localised infection control measures required in response to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
We will be in touch in the last week of holidays to confirm any remaining details however the following is an overview of what that will mean for your child(ren):
We have planned a phased start to the first week of term to enable us to establish new behaviour and systems to ensure the safety of children and staff. All our children will be in school by the end of the first week.
We have organised staggered starts and ends of the day to minimise congestion – please ensure you walk to school wherever possible and maintain social distancing with other children and families on the way to and from school. There will be a one-way system outside of the school building – please follow the signs to help us keep the site safe. Staff will be around to help if needed. No bikes or scooters are permitted on the school site.
|Year group||Return date in September||Start time||Home time|
|Gold class (Nursery) am||Wednesday 2nd||8.50am||11.50am|
|Gold class (Nursery) pm||Thursday 3rd||12.20pm||3.20pm|
|Gold class - 30 hours children||Friday 4th||8.50am||3.20pm|
|Pink and Violet classes (Reception)||Thursday 3rd||9.00am||3.30pm|
|Purple, Indigo and Blue classes (Years 1 and 2)||Friday 4th||8.55am||3.25pm|
|Green and Yellow classes (Years 3 and 4)||Thursday 3rd||8.40am||3.10pm|
|Orange and Red classes (Years 5 and 6)||Wednesday 2nd||8.30am||3.00pm|
If you have children in multiple in classes please bring the children to their earliest class first and then take the others straight to their doors where members of staff will be to greet them to their classes. All children will be in and learning by 9am.
- Please ensure your children maintain social distancing outside of school and only mix with other families according to government guidance. Please only allow children who are aged 10 and over in Y5 and 6 to walk to and from school independently if you are confident they are able to maintain social distancing – we require written permission from you please.
- Children will be organised in class bubbles linked to as few adults as possible. Class bubbles will not mix so playtimes will be staggered in separate areas and lunches will be eaten in classrooms. The lunchtime menu will be adapted while this is necessary to ensure safe transportation of meals – further details will follow. We will ensure that children have sufficient breaks and plenty of time outside.
- Fruit and milk services will resume at the start of term. We ask that children bring a personal water bottle and that this is taken home for cleaning every day. Please ensure that the amount of personal items is limited to essential equipment – mobile phones are not permitted in school.
- Children will remain in their classroom for the majority of the school day – assemblies will take place virtually.
- It is essential that we minimise the adults in the school building; please do not enter classrooms. If you need to speak to a member of staff or need information, please contact the office by telephone or email so that we can make arrangements or use Dojo. The school office will be closed to prevent congestion in this area. Staff will be around outside of the classrooms too if you need any assistance.
- We have established thorough hygiene measures including frequent cleaning throughout the school day. Children will be asked to wash / sanitise their hands regularly and to use the ‘Catch it, Bin it, Kill it’ message by using a tissue or sneezing/coughing into their arm. Please help us to reinforce this at home.
- All children (other than Early Years) will have their own set of equipment for personal use. Equipment in Foundation will be thoroughly and regularly cleaned. We will send reading books home – these will be quarantined for 72 hours on return before re-use.
- Masks have not been recommended in the government guidance other than when social distancing is not possible to maintain or where support is provided to someone displaying symptoms. PPE is available for staff to use where necessary.
- We expect all children to attend from their start date in normal uniform.
- We may be able to offer breakfast club from 8:00am please email or telephone the school office to arrange during working hours.
Across the academy posters will be displayed to help remind our children of the need for good hygiene, including washing our hands regularly – a message our staff will reiterate, but we would also welcome your support in reminding your child(ren) too. Over the summer we will be working to ensure there are multiple handwashing or hand-sanitising stations in place throughout the academy in support of this, ready for the start of term.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming all children back on their start date looking smart in their school uniform. We will ask them to come in PE kit on PE days to avoid changing – you will be notified of the day. We understand that you may feel apprehensive about your child returning but please be reassured that children returning have been delighted to be back in school and have settled back in very well. We are here to support you to talk through any concerns you may have.
If you have any concerns or specific questions regarding your child’s return in September, please let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 479033. Please note that our response times over the summer break will be longer than usual, as we have limited staff cover during this time.
Free school meals during the summer holiday
As previously mentioned, the government has announced that those currently eligible and in receipt of the free school meals scheme will continue to receive this over the summer holiday. In line with this guidance, a single e-voucher from our supplier Sodexo will be provided to cover the period 20 July to 28 August 2020.