An important part of academy life is food – good food and nutrition can support learning and lead to healthy bodies and healthy pupils, leading to better learning.
Samuel Barlow are proud to be in partnership with Magic Breakfast.
Magic Breakfast provides all our children with a nutritious breakfast to ensure they start their day in the best possible way. Breakfast gives children the energy needed for the busy school morning, enabling them to focus on their lessons.
Breakfast at home
To support families at home, The National School Breakfast Programme has launched its ‘breakfast at home’ area on the Family Action website, where families can find lots of information and advice on providing a low cost, nutritious, daily breakfast at home.
Free school meals
We know that having a nutritious meal during the school day is important for children’s health, wellbeing and learning – and we want to ensure that all children who are eligible for free school meals benefit from this scheme.
Your child may be able to receive free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you think that your child(ren) may be entitled to free school meals then you can either apply online or download a form via the Nottinghamshire County Council website here, or phone them on 0300 500 80 80.
Once your application has been approved, the council will inform the academy and we can then start providing free school meals for your child(ren). We treat all recipients with complete discretion.
We are here to help, so contact us if you have any queries or concerns you would like to discuss directly with the academy.